Thursday, December 02, 2010

homesick

Even I think it is a little weird, after all I am married and have lived out of my parents house for many years but as we get more into the holidays I am feeling homesick. I want to see and hug my mom, my dad, hang out with my cute fun sister and her kids that Davis misses and asks if we can have play dates with. I want to sit at my parents table and talk and laugh for hours into the night about anything and everything with my family (with or without a serving of my dads traditional delicious scones). I want to visit my brothers boys and see what they are up to, one of the older ones who was a baby like yesterday is somehow preparing to go on a mission in a few months.

I feel more at home at my parents house than I do at my own house, it is where I grew up. We have friends that we left behind when we moved from Spokane a couple years ago that I only "see" on Face book that I would love to visit. I know, play that little violin people joke about, but really I do miss my family. I think that this mood calls for some good family time with Evan and the boys, and then maybe I won't feel this way.







 Here's to good old family times & memories and to making new ones with my little family.

6 comments:

Liz said...

I'm sorry you can't be closer to them right now...! :( But consider yourself (and your family) officially adopted into the Mac Fam! ;) You're now officially obligated to show up for Volleyball, Game night and every other get-together we can think up...! ;)

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

oh Liz, I already felt a part of your family. There is just something about all of you that is so welcoming and loving! Thank you :-)

Lee and Sharon said...

These are fun pictures Mindy. The tree you picked out is beautiful. It is in the perfect place for little Jack. I love your couches too. We do have some wonderful memories don't we?

Kris said...

Good post, Mindy. I feel the same way, esp aroudn the holidays. I think that people who live around here and have their parents living near don't realize how lucky they are. :-) You don't realize how great home and family are until you move away, huh? :-)

Andy said...

I love this post mindy. Ditto to everything!

Erin McSpadden said...

Ya know, I feel the same way. Even though I am the one here, I long for the days that you all come home and visit. Where we can sit down and talk and eat. I love all the pictures Mindy. Those boys are growing too quickly! Davis is so grown up. and yes I feel your woes! Carli is a climber too... love you sis