We found the most beautiful tree and Evan and Davis got to work cutting. I watched Jack walk around and fall down a few times, his coat was fluffy and he had fleeced lined pants so he had a hard time getting back up. The 4 wheeler came and picked up the tree and took it to shake off. While they did that we headed into their shop that was decorated and had tables and a warm fire place. They also had hot cocoa and fresh chocolate chip cookies for everyone. We had a nice conversation with the owner, it was a single family that owns and runs the tree farm on their property.
I liked that it was small, close to our home and a great deal (only $10.00 for the tree and the goodies were complimentary). The Estacada area is the Christmas tree capitol of the US, they ship trees all over the world. The owner said one of their earliest shipment was to Honolulu at the beginning of November! We have had a lot of fun living here in Oregon, the best part has been the outdoor activities there are to do here and this is one of them. I hope all my family and friends have fun picking and or setting up their trees in the coming weeks too.









9 comments:
I love it! :D It's beautiful! (We don't do "real" trees anymore..tho it's not because I'm an enviro-nut - I'm OCD and the needles drive me nuts...) it's beautiful..your home looks so festive - how fun!!! :D I love looking at other peoples decorations for their trees and homes...Christmas is the best!
BTW...that comment was from ME. But my computer is wacky...so it says its from my father in law. ;P
Super cute! And that sounds like so much fun cutting down your tree! You guys are lucky to have so many options around you! Sounds like good, cozy holiday fun.
ps) did you get new couches? I like them!
What a great idea to stick the tree between your couches. It looks really great. Sounds like you found a perfect place to get a tree I love the free goodies and sweet price!
I love how you hid your tree from Jack. It will work.
I love where you put your stockings too. That's a perfect place. you sure picked a nice tree. Isn't it fun to do that?
What fun memories and your tree is so pretty all decorated! I love how you wedge it in there between your couches - very clever!
I love your tree. It looks so festive where mine is so filled with kids homemade decorations. I don't think I'll ever get one like yours but I wouldn't throw out the kids ones for anything. I LOVE your idea of tucking the tree in the corner!
oh lori believe me there are lots of kids ornaments on there and more to come I am sure :-)
Post a Comment