Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A few nuts and a great day

We hiked a 2.5 mile trail the other day off of the old highway to multnomah falls. A friend of mine told me about it and ended up being the perfect length for Davis to walk and for Evan to pack Jack around. It had some good hills and lots of mud and rocks but wasn't slippery so it was actually fun plus it slowed Davis down to normal speed :-)
The hike took us to the base of the waterfall where the mist from it hitting the rocks felt so good. The only animals we saw were slugs and birds. After the hike, we dug into our packs for our snacks, trail mix, drinks and licorice. Evan gave Jack his first piece of licorice and he loved it, good thing since it is our families favorite special snack now he is one of us! I am so glad Evan shares my love for the outdoors, it is something we really have fun doing and hope to pass it on to the boys.

5 comments:

Andy said...

That hike looks like fun. You guys live in such a pretty area - I'm jealous! I love that photo of Jack with the licorice :-)

Lee and Sharon said...

The video is great Mindy. I can almost feel the mist.

Mandy said...

Looks like a great hike! I think we are going to try hiking with the kids soon, Zack and I love to hike and have'nt done it much in the last few years, so you've inspired me!

Liz said...

Oh my heck. You're wearing a jacket! We've been in UT for almost 10 days now...and I've been completely burned and crispy-fried. I envy seeing you in a jacket. I want jacket weather! ;) Cool hike pics...looks like LOTS of fun was had by all!!!

Kelly said...

Love hiking with the fam and that is a beautiful one!How lucky are we to have the Gorge so close with tons of great hikes! Glad you had a good time!