For the past two days there has been an energy of excitment around our home. Evan put the crib together (with the help of Davis), we re-arranged the bedroom furniture and hung the curtains. It was so fun to all be in Jacks room getting it ready. I have been cleaning like crazy, making trips to the hospital and running errands. Even with all the busy work and play Evan and I will glance at eachother and smile and I know we have the same thing on our minds, that we get to bring Jack home in a few days. Well, today it the day that we get to go get baby Jack and bring him home!
The wild, exciting and a little scarry birth of jack came a long four and a half weeks ago. We have gotten so many comments on it like, "were you scared", "did you scream a lot", "my husband would never do that, he would faint", and "that is a good story". It has been surreal and only recently in my quiet moments (usually when I am pumping every three hours) have I looked back on that night. He came so fast, Evan was so calm and we work together to deliver sweet Jack. I don't have the words to explain my feelings or the spirit that was in the room as he came into the world. It was just amazing to see evan holding jack right after he was born, I will never forget that picture. This shared event has definatly brought Evan and I closer, it is amazing how lifes different experiences can do that evan when you have a wonderful marriage already. We are very excited to have Jack home and be a family together finally.
We are especially thankful for friends and family who have shared hugs, tears, chats, babysitting for Davis, prayers, flowers, and sweet baby gifts. The NICU nurses are very special to me with the gentle care they gave Jack along with the othe many tiny babies, and their knowledge and pacience with new parents who are thrown into the new (and overwhelming at times) world of the NICU. So, here's to our new adventure! We love you all, now let's celebrate :-)
6 comments:
I am so happy the little man gets to go home. Good luck from here on out. Do you still ever find out why he came so early?
Hey Mindy, I'm blog stalking! YAY! I am so happy for you guys and so excited for you to bring home baby Jack! Now the fun begins :) Enjoy your first night as a family at home!
yippie, baby jack comes home!
This is all so exciting, Mindy! I can't wait to see baby Jack. What a sweet story and experience for you guys! Hope all is going well so far with Jack home.
Hope everything's going good with baby Jack home. So glad he's home, can't wait to meet him!
So glad to hear Jack is home. It will be so much easier for everyone with him home. No more long hospital trips. Yea.
Remember to catch a nap when you can.
Post a Comment