



The news said that the tides were low at the beach early this week so Davis and I decided to go. We invited Grandma J, Great Grandma Clair & aunt Jana.
On the way to the beach we stopped for lunch at camp 81, a lodge type restaurant with historical things about the area all around outside. Davis loved the train cars and the river that ran through the back of the property. We threw rocks in the water and checked out the carvings and trains while waiting for the food to come. It was a fun place to stop and eat and nice to be with Evans (and my) family for a day.
A storm had come into shore and the tide pools were covered up so we didn't get to see them this day, hopefully soon though. We went to a beach area by Moe's to see the beach. Davis was nuts to see the ocean and said let's go in the water and grabbed my hand and off we went. We ran and jumped into the cold surf over and over, he would have stayed there a lot longer but the wind was too much for everyone. We had sand in our toes for the rest of the evening, a good reminder of our fun.
We headed off to shop for a while and people watch. I found a toy store for Davis to look around in. He found a train table in the back where he played for a very long time. We got ice cream later and headed home. Next time, I won't listen to the weather man and I'll call someone who is actually at the beach to tell me what the weather is like. :-)
3 comments:
That looks like a fun place to eat! Davis is getting so tall! I'm excited to come sometime (hopefully soon) to see the ocean too.
How fun you guys! I wish we could see you this summer too, but we have so much already going on. Davis is just growing up too fast.
Looks like a very fun time. Which beach did you go to Mindy?
Post a Comment