Friday, November 02, 2012

Oh yes, family picture time again....

Davis and his mighty pumpkin
 I wanted to take family pictures this year before it started raining, (because that is what is mostly does for Fall and winter here.) I kept on putting it off because it is usually painful process. By the end of taking photos we are all either frustrated because it is taking too long, someone is wet or muddy, someone is determined not to smile or even look at the camera, and by the end the photo that I end up photoshopping together doesn't look anything like we were feeling. This year I decided, things had to change!

I decided to approach this family photo thing differently. I dressed the kids, but didn't stress over if they didn't completely match. I brought their pumpkins that they loved so they could take part ownership of their pose for their picture. I gave myself and them a time limit of five minutes at the maximum for their individual pictures (and stuck to it). And mostly I set them in the background I wanted and let them do their thing. Smiles, sure would be great but I took what I got and was happy with it.

The result was pretty good, and the reason you don't see our family picture is that I really did not like how my hair was that day.

Overall I think my attitude was what helped the most, letting go of expectations and having things organized and letting it all happen. Don't know if we will get a family picture this year, maybe one with snow we'll have to wait and see. 


Jack I Love his funny smile, that is so him

No comments: