It was just our little family for the 4th of July this year so we packed it full of fun, each of us got to do what we wanted. The boys both said they wanted to see big fireworks (that was an easy one to fulfill), I wanted to have strawberry crepes for breakfast, and Evan wanted to head to Trillium lake for the day.
We walked the two mile loop around the lake and played a lot along the way. There were endless sticks, trees, slugs, salamanders, and people to see. Jack and I watching the dragonflies, they were so pretty (well I thought so anyway, jack wasn't convinced).
Evan and Jack playing on the hike, There was a huge tree that had fallen and the boys played teeter totter on it.
I think Jack was tired after the hike because I was making lunch and the next thing I knew Jack had crawled on top of the table and wrapped himself in the table cloth.
The boys set off a few fireworks from home later that evening. You would think the smoke bomb was really a stink bomb by the way Davis is reacting. Jack just took everything and loved it all. Later that night we bought the boys glow stick swords and went to see Sandy's big firework show. 


After lunch evan took the boys in the boat around the lake. Jack laid very quietly against Evan while Davis was so excited to see everything they passed. I took Davis out again after Evan came back and he just couldn't contain himself and jumped in the middle of the lake and just hung onto the edge of the boat.
2 comments:
Your children are easy to please.
What a wonderful family you guys have.
haha - I love the one of Davis holding his nose!
Post a Comment