Monday, June 11, 2012

Something new


Today i vowed to delete my Facebook account. I start reading all the posts, checking the invites, and am about to get off when I see a photo of a cat doing some amazing feat and twenty minutes later I ask myself what did all the accomplish I should have been doing something that really gets results, like folding laundry, doing the dishes, playing with jack instead of telling him to go get a toy and play by himself, or even editing photos for and catching up on this blog:-)

I told Evan my plan and he asked me to reconsider, telling me that Facebook is how I keep in touch with my friends. So I am undecided right now, but I know one thing for sure...I am going to do something new. I am going to post most of my pictures and activities and thoughts onto my blog. Where my family, and close friends (who I have actually seen in the past year) can read and catch up on our families happenings.

About the picture above, well this was Davis' last awards assembly today. He was a little embarrassed about being in front of everyone so he really quickly took the certificate and stood up with the rest of the kids. I got a little smile out of him, he was really glad to see his daddy there and Jack cheering him on too. I am so proud of Davis, he has grown leaps and bounds socially along with his great reading and math skills. Tomorrow is filed day, and the last day of school. I can't believe how quickly it has gone. I was smiling while looking through some of his writings and drawings seeing what or who he drew and what he had to say. My favorite one was that he and his friend Matt were driving a truck....hopefully that won't happen any time soon :-)

Here's to a great summer, with a lot less Facebook and more time with my kiddos and family doing crazy things to keep them busy and tired.


5 comments:

Kris said...

yea! I'm always sad when there's nothing new to read in my list of google reader accounts, but now you'll have more updates. wohoo. And don't delete facebook... please. :) It's a convenient tool when you need to use it.

And way to go Davis, he looks so old here! Can't wait to see you soon.

Lee and Sharon said...

Wow, congratulations Davis. You had such a good year at school. I hope summer won't be too boring for you. And, Mindy, keep blogging because I check just every day to see what my kids are up to. And you'll never ever know how many times I check Facebook!!ha ha That's what my life is about now days.

Liz said...

Well, you know my vote...

DOWN WITH FACEBOOK! :P

Love the blogging pics though! lol Welcome back to the blogosphere!

Andy said...

Oh my goodness! He looks SO much like Evan in that photo! What a big kid he is now. I can't wait to see him in real life next month :)

Erin McSpadden said...

wahoo Davis! He has grown so much.

And I am the same way with facebook i go back and forth about it but at the end of the day that is how all my friends plan play dates so I stay on... I just make sure to set a timer so I know how much time is spent on there and when the timer goes off so do I.