Evan said he was going to go to work early today so he could take off the rest of the week. I am not sure if it was seminary being canceled the second day in a row and he actually got some sleep or the snow itself but he stayed home and for an extra couple hours. We got out the sleds and dressed the kids quickly (notice the mismatched winter clothing) and headed outside to our street for sledding. We have the perfect street for sledding, we are the only ones who live on it, so it sees little travel from cars and it is has a slight decline to it.
We had so much fun and of course I ended up taking pictures while Evan ran up and down the street with the boys in tow, one sled rope in each hand. Davis and Jack love playing games with Evan, I don't think we can have another child because Evan only has two arms and most of their playtime consists of the kids both in his arms doing something like wrestling with him, or being juggled up and down to the ceiling before bed time. If Davis sees Evan holding Jack he'll ask "dad can you hold two of us"? So thank goodness for my wonderful fun husband, his strong arms and him taking off a few hours this morning for family time. It was fun and meant a lot to me, so I bet it meant just as much or more to our kiddos.









4 comments:
oh what fun! I love the pink rosy cheeks. That sled you have for Jack is great - I'm going to look for one for Finn.
Oh! Sooo much fun! We'll have to go sledding soon...maybe this weekend..if you're in town?! BTW..We missed you Sunday! :D
What glorious fun you all have and the road looks perfect for sledding. New games for jack and lots of good running time for Evan. I've been waiting for more pictures from you. They are great
Cute pictures! I love the two little boys in their own sleds and jack jack and his pink cheeks! What a great Dad!
Post a Comment