Thursday, February 04, 2010

little reminders of love

With a recent on set of food poisoning I found myself hanging out in the bathroom Sunday night into Monday morning. Not fun however, this weekend has brought more than a love hate relationship with my bathroom. I have had so many little reminders of how loved I am and not to gloat but it feels nice to write about them.

1) Monday morning Davis my almost four year old came to me after my night of sickness and asked if I was still sick. He then was very determined to make sure I had one of his Nemo chewy vitamins to make me better.

2) That same morning Evan got the kids ready and left extra early and took them to his wonderful mother (in Hillsboro an hour away)who lovingly agreed to watch them all day while I recuperated on the couch.

3) Monday afternoon after emailing Relief society things to our RS president she emailed me and offered to watch our boys Friday so Evan and I could have some alone time :-)

4) At Borders I found a great robot journal for Davis (I had been looking for one for a while). When I went to pay for it, they said it was 75 percent off. Okay I know that one isn't just because they love me but hey I felt loved when I had that extra money!

5) Having a great visiting teacher come and visit Sunday afternoon who Evan has labeled my "dealer". This in only because she has supplied me with all of the Twilight books that I read and now has brought me two new books to read.

6) Evan makes breakfast for us every day (and makes the best waffles too).

7) Taking a nap with my sweet baby Jack who makes me feel loved just from his smiles.

8) Davis giving me big hugs, the ones where he gets a running start and almost puts out my back :-)

10) my parents who are putting together a super fun family reunion in July and I have a great family. Just thinking about them makes me feel loved, especially my three sisters.

11) Can't forget the recent big surprise. My mom and dad, sister kristi and her boy Logan came and surprised me (of course evan was in on it) for a great weekend two weeks ago.

Happy Valentines Day this month I hope you can remember some of the reasons you feel loved and maybe pass that love along!

5 comments:

Lee and Sharon said...

Enjoyed your blog and love the new colors Mindy. Sorry you were sick. Kris and I and Logan were sick with colds after we returned home too. Better now though.
Happy Valentines Day. we love you

Andy said...

I love your blog's new look too! I liked reading your list. I can just picture Davis and his turbo-hugs.

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

I love this post and the new look of your blog, what a great family photo! It's so nice to count our blessings once in a while and remember how much we are loved. What a sweet husband you have to make you breakfast every morning!

Kris said...

Cute post, Mindy! I'm glad you had a whole day to feel loved...even if it came in such an unfortunate way. :-) It was so fun being with you guys for a whole weekend. Thanks for enduring my 2 year old. You ARE loved!