



Nana came for a visit and to help our little family out last week. It took a while, but I am now a total fan of asking for and accepting help when needed. There have been many phone calls checking in on us, dinners brought by, and babysitters offering to watch Davis so a visit to baby Jack can be made.
The best has been having my mom come, she wouldn't let me do really anything. No lifting Davis, no washing the dishes, no getting meals ready or clearing the table, making sure I take naps after coming home from the hospital, showing me how to make booties (don't know if I can remember though:-)), doing laundry, helping me go through all the baby clothes and pick out the ones that will fit Jack and washing them and folding them, and the best one of all going shopping for a few things for baby Jack. I didn't have anything ready for him, this made me excited for him to come home and made it feel a little more real after all that had happened. Thanks mom for helping and making life a lot easier that week!
In the pictures Nana and Davis are in the Ped. unit childrens play room. Davis loves this room and is open for children in the childrens hospital. It really helps out so someone plays with Davis while Evan or I visit Jack.
There is a beautiful garden in the center of the hospital, this is the picture of Nana and I sitting there. I take breaks there every morning between feedings in the garden it is so nice to get fresh air and snack!
(My sisters and Evans mom and grandma clair made a few cute light weight blankets made especially for his crib. They are getting lots of love and being used well).
3 comments:
It was such a privilege to come and visit you guys. Wish I could have stayed longer too. It was fun to help out. Glad you got a picture of the play room. That's one that I didn't get and it's a fun place for Davis to hang out.
Isn't Mom the best? And good job on accepting and asking for help from others. That's hard to do sometimes.
Mom rocks! She is the best!
Post a Comment