Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A short life

It snowed about five inches of perfect packing snow last week, so Davis and I rolled big snowballs and created a cute snowman right outside his window. We had so much fun, Davis shoveled and I rolled and stacked. We have the book "if you take a mouse to the movies" and the snowman in it has a carrot nose. Davis was so excited to see that we had whole carrots in the fridge to give his snowman (I was surprised, I had forgotten that we bought them). It was cold and dark and time to make dinner so we headed in, and unfortunately someone came and knocked & smashed the whole snowman down not even an hour later. When Evan got home they went outside and rebuilt him all over, Davis was happy and I think he turned out cuter than before. I had to get a picture of them by their snowman. Evan said that this is the best one he has ever made. The poor snowman didn't make it passed 11:00 that night someone again came and smashed him down, at least we got pictures :-)

2 comments:

Lee and Sharon said...

Avery and I looked at your picts. yesterday but I didnt have a quiet moment to respond.
Anyway, I love your snowman and it's the pits that there are people who go around and spoil kid's fun times. You had fun making him though.
Now we just have rain and mud, right?

Andy said...

What a bummer. He is really cute though and I bet you're glad you got a good photo of him while he was standing!