Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We actually did something
















Evan and I were suppose to go to Seaside to celebrate our 12 year anniversary a couple weeks ago. We did go but ended up taking the kids with us due to grandma J being needed somewhere else for that weekend. We started off the trip with Evan surprising us with a larger SUV rental, just so we could fit in all the kids things. It was so fun to be in a new car, the smooth ride, satellite radio and my knees actually not jamming into the dash board due to over sized car seats in back of me!

We stayed in a friends condo (which she rents out at a ridiculously low price)for two days. I can't say enough about how much we needed this get away :-p

Davis headed straight for the cool ocean water that first night and jumped right in, a body slam into the shallow surf. The first five minuets on the beach and he was soaked! Of course I was chasing after him so that means I was soaked too.

We had lots of family fun these two days. We drove to Astoria and climbed up the Astor column, tasted gourmet caramel and carrot cake cup cakes from this cute little shop, divulged in pizza shmitza, Evan watched the boys while I got an hour to just look and pour over the book at a local store, drove over the huge bridge and headed to long beach, toured Ft. Stevens, played on their beach, ate donuts in Cannon beach, went to the tide pool and saw star fish and other ocean wonders and just hung out together.

Here are a bunch of pics from the weekend, just to share the fun we had with you. I think it would be such a great area for a family reunion some year (that comment was for you mom..hint hint).

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad you guys got away! We've also stayed at the great condo! Sounds like you packed a lot into two days. Love the one of Jack on the beach, how fun you found some starfish. Hope you and Evan still get to get away alone!

Erin McSpadden said...

were your knees weak on the climb down from the column.(mine were) I loved visiting the column. The kids and I did it by ourselves first and then again the next day with Jer. And the view - wow, So fun. I love your picts. What a great time for you all. We all deserve a great trip like that every once in a while!

Andy said...

Just finally got on your blog.
I love your pictures and seeing what a glorious time you had at the beach. I'd love to go again.