


Evan ran the Sauvie Island marathon thanks in part to Bethany who gave him a pass that paid for half of the marathon :-) We had a blast this day, there were so many people lined up just to get over the bridge to get on the island. Evan was excited, it had been years since he had done a marathon. He wasn't sure he would like it at first because it was so "short" in mileage but he had a great time.
Davis and I picked raspberries, saw the farm animals and he rode on a cow tractor ride. After the marathon, we hung out with Evan on the picnic blanket and brought him cold drinks and we ate lunch. I wanted to see the beaches on the island so we drove around afterwards and checked them out, all except the nude beach :-)
The water looked so inviting so we bought a park pass and swam for a while. Some little kid swam next to me and licked my ankle, I screamed and watched his parents laugh, okay that was weird. Anyway, it was a fun day and we were all tired that evening.
2 comments:
Glad you are getting photos posted Mindy. Everything takes your precious time but it's good to see the marathon pictures. Evan's marathons have become family events haven't they - - and by all right they should be I guess.
Yea, for Evan and his strong legs.
That sounds like so much fun! Was this before Baby Jack? Great job Evan!
Post a Comment