Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy birthday to me?

Can I wish myself a happy birthday? Anyway, I do the blogging so I guess so. We celebrated my birthday on Monday with family and a BBQ at our new home. The Jensens came over with Grandma Clair. Evan made ice cream instead of birthday cake. The gifts were great and we had a nice time talking, eating and laughing. Today, Wednesday is my actual birthday which started out with a nice phone call from my mom which made my morning. The waffle breakfast Evan made was good too with fresh fruit and a prenatal vitamin mmm.

It was a mostly quiet day until Alana and her kids called and sang happy birthday, they have a special song their family does that is silly and fun. Evan had a park and rec. meeting so it was Davis and I for dinner and then a walk to the park. He climbed the rock wall amazingly fast a few times (this is a new thing for him), went on the slides and rode the rocking duck.

On our walk home he picked me a little handfull of wild daisy looking flowers, and this made my night :-) He could have picked me a dead dandelion and I would have loved it! At home he put the flowers in a vase and we took a picture together with them. What a great evening, and to top things off Evan came home with Dairy Queen for a late birthday treat. Thanks guys.

3 comments:

Andy said...

happy birthday sis! It sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day. gotta love those horse-pill sized prenatal vitamins, eh?

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great one and enjoyed yourself...hope you got to relax a little:)ARe you loving the new place?

Lee and Sharon said...

Love those little guys that pick you flowers. I remember the little blue ones we picked in the field across from your house. And, the rocking duck was a hit with Papa J. Yea for parks that are close by. Right?