
This is the cars birthday cake that Davis has been asking me to make for months. I knew he wouldn't be picky as to what kind of Cars cake it was, so that was nice on my part since I don't regularly make and decorate cakes. I wanted it to be a surprise for him and not see it until the party, so I held it on my lap for the one hour trip to Hillsboro. Davis kept asking where his cake was during the trip over and over again. I was so glad to finally put it out on the table and show him. He loved it and takes the cars with him almost everywhere he goes. There is always at least on of them in his pocket. The funny thing about this whole Cars thing is that we don't even own the movie and he has only seen it a few times that we have checked it out from the Library. He got the whole cars idea from a huge balloon he has seen at Safeway over the past months that is of a big Lightning McQueen car. Anyway, it is all over with and I can't imagine having a whole themed party with friends and grab bags and all of the other extra stuff that party places sell. I guess in time as he grows up that will be fine but for now a fun cake with plates and napkins is what this little lover of car racing had for his third birthday.

3 comments:
The cake turned out so cute mindy! Good job - I'm not surprised he loved it!
Cute cake Mindy - it turned out so good! That's so cute that he sees the same balloon at Safeway every time and always has a car in his pocket. I love boys. :-)
bodee and I love the cake mindy, you did such a good job!
bodee doesnt want to look at any other picts just the one of the cake!
Post a Comment