Friday, December 19, 2008

A real tree!


Yes most of you know that we have been married going on twelve years now. I am kind of embarrassed to say that this year was the first time that we not only have a real live Christmas tree but we cut if down ourselves too. Around Sandy and Estacada it is like Christmas tree heaven with tree farms covering a lot of the land, so we both agreed it would have been "wrong" to not get a real tree this year.
We drove to national forest after picking up our $5.00 permit, found a good spot after a while, made a snowman and then found our tree. We did pretty good, actually Evan spotted it and we all took turns sawing it down. Davis loves tools and naturally enjoyed his time with the small hand saw. We are so excited to have a "real tree" and had so much fun together as a family. This is one of many good things about living so close to the forest! Happy Chirstmas tree hunting!

4 comments:

Lee and Sharon said...

This is very good Mindy. Was it hard to decide on which tree?

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

no, not too hard. We decided we wern't going to be too picky so we were so surprised to find our tree that seemed perfect to us. Me mostly played and then Evan spotted one that looked good that we both agreed on. Some did seem sparse on one side and others too tall. So much fun.

Lee and Sharon said...

I think he should put this one in the paper with an article on choosing the right Christmas tree.

Andy said...

I remember going up into the mountains to cut firewood, and I think we cut a tree once too. How fun for you guys and good memories for Davis! I bet your house smells amazing