Davis and I shared a first this last week. It was both of our first time picking blueberries. It was a hot day on the berry farm a couple miles from our house. We were suppose to be there for raspberries, but they ended up being mostly done for the season. I was surprised at how good the fresh blue berries were. We picked 4 buckets for freezing, a pie and just to eat. Davis added his fist fulls of green sour berries, nice ripe berries and a few Marion berries. He mostly played in the water from the hose meant for watering the plants. There was a small leak in the hose that created a fun sprinkler for him to run in. He was soaked and dirty and tired when done. It was a fun afternoon. I am ready to pick some more!Sunday, July 20, 2008
blue berry
Davis and I shared a first this last week. It was both of our first time picking blueberries. It was a hot day on the berry farm a couple miles from our house. We were suppose to be there for raspberries, but they ended up being mostly done for the season. I was surprised at how good the fresh blue berries were. We picked 4 buckets for freezing, a pie and just to eat. Davis added his fist fulls of green sour berries, nice ripe berries and a few Marion berries. He mostly played in the water from the hose meant for watering the plants. There was a small leak in the hose that created a fun sprinkler for him to run in. He was soaked and dirty and tired when done. It was a fun afternoon. I am ready to pick some more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your pie looks so yummy. We are really pie people and especially Dad. I love to make pies because it's really an art in process. I like to try different crimping on the edges. The berries look so good too Mindy.
Post a Comment