Sunday, May 18, 2008

Don't stress it's strep!

I flew to Spokane Friday for a fun weekend and to shoot a wedding Saturday night. Mom picked me up from the airport Friday afternoon and we went downtown to the bridge by the YMCA that overlooks the Spokane Falls. They are huge right now and you actually get sprayed with water if you stand in the right spot. After that I went to the wedding rehearsal and later that night we all met at Outback Stake house for a nice dinner. My visit had been so fun so far, lots of visiting, good food and some work. Well, then I got the chills and then a fever and the next morning my throat was awful. I tried to work through it digging up some of my herbs from my garden with mom. On the way home I told her that I had better go to the doctor.

The next four hours consisted of checking in to the doctors, driving home since there was a
1 1/2 hours wait, taking a one hour nap, waiting in the lounge an hour, waiting in the doctors office for a half hour. All to find out YES I DO HAVE STREP! I wish I could just pick up medicine for it instead of having to wait through all of that. Anyway, there went the rest of my weekend. I went home and changed and went to the wedding until 9 PM.

Meanwhile Evan had driven to Spokane with Davis and the family went to the Lilac parade and had a really nice time. I got home from the wedding and then they got home half hour later. We drove home the next morning (today) with a car loaded down with my photo equipment & herbs. What a venture, we had a lot of fun with the family and Davis loved being with Nana and Papa again. Thanks guys :-) What I learned: don't stress over strep just work through it :-)

2 comments:

Lee and Sharon said...

I love your positive attitude. No matter what happens, it doesn't ever get you down. Hope the herb garden made it home and onto your deck just fine. Remember to water and cut when needed. Love you guys!

Andy said...

Strep is still no fun though. I think last time I was up there visiting you caught strep and it hit you really quickly then too.